The following days are statutory general holidays:
- January 1st
- Good Friday or Easter Monday, at the option of the employer
- the Monday preceding May 25th
- July 1st or, if this date falls on a Sunday, July 2nd
- the first Monday in September
- the second Monday in October
- December 25th.
An employee in the clothing industry is also entitled to the
following paid statutory holidays: January 2nd, Good Friday and Easter
Note: June 24th, the National Holiday, is also a paid statutory
holiday. However, under the National Holiday Act, the conditions to
benefit by the indemnity or compensatory holiday are different from
those giving entitlement to the aforementioned paid statutory holidays.